In the early 1950's, G.W. Wilson was founded when George W. Wilson and Earl Hanshaw formed a partnership, which was founded on their respective experiences with other companies. Working under the name Hanshaw & Wilson until 1962, the partners decided to part ways at that time.
George Wilson remained at the Oberlin location, doing business as G.W. Wilson. G.W. Wilson officially incorporated in 1969.
In 1970, Mr. Wilson retired, turning the business over to his daughter and her husband, Delbert C. Gundy, who had worked for the business since its inception. After taking over, Mr. Gundy moved the office to his home in Harrisburg and purchased a building in Oberlin to use as a shop. The company’s shop remains in this location today.
The business continued to grow and in later years, Mr. Gundy’s son, Del Jr., joined him at G.W. Wilson. By the 1990’s, Del Sr. entered semi-retirement and Del Jr. was named president.
G.W. Wilson has been serving plumbing, heating, and air conditioning needs in Harrisburg and the surrounding areas for more than forty years. The company recently added kitchen and bathroom remodeling to its portfolio of services. With this addition, G.W. Wilson is able to offer comprehensive remodeling services without the need for additional contractors.
At G.W. Wilson, we pride ourselves on providing the same honest and hard work that the company was founded on decades ago. We are truly appreciative of the loyal customers that continue to utilize our services, and we are always welcoming of new customers as well.